Siemens SITRANS TF Transmitter
Product Code: SITRANS TF
SITRANS TF is used where other transmitters can’t cope. One main point is its rating of IP67.
SITRANS TF is made of rugged die cast aluminum or long-lasting stainless steel. It transforms resistance thermometers, thermocouples, Ohm and mV signals into a load independent DC current corresponding to sensor characteristic or a digital signal according Fieldbus standard Profibus PA or Foundation Fieldbus. The remote mounted sensor prevents the transmitter heating up at high temperature; there are no vibrations and oscillations due to long neck tubes and protective pipes with SITRANS TF.
For tags with difficult access to you can mount your SITRANS TF remotely at easily accessible places and display the measured value on the freely programmable digital display (with version 4 to 20 mA).
You can even use the SITRANS TF in a version without a transmitter as a comfortable field display unit for all 4 to 20 mA signals.
All SITRANS TF are available in intrinsically safe or explosion proof version
- Universal use
- as transmitter for resistance thermometer, thermocouple element, Ω or mV signal
- as field indicator for any 4 to 20 mA signals
- Local sensing of measured values over digital display
- Rugged two-chamber enclosure in die-cast aluminium or stainless steel
- Degree of protection IP67
- Test terminals for direct read-out of the output signal without breaking the current loop
- Can be mounted elsewhere if the measuring point
- is hard to access,
- is subject to high temperatures,
- is subject to vibrations from the system,
- or if you want to avoid long neck tubes and/or protective tubes.
- Can be mounted directly on American-design sensors
- Wide range of approvals for use in potentially explosive atmospheres. “Intrinsically safe, non-sparking and flameproof” type of protections, for Europe and USA.
- SIL 2 (with order supplement C20)
SITRANS TF can be used everywhere where temperatures need to be measured under particularly adverse conditions, or where a convenient local display is ideal. Which is why users from all industries have opted for this field device. The rugged enclosure protects the electronics. The stainless steel model is almost completely resistant to sea water and other aggressive elements. The inner workings offer high measuring accuracy, universal input and a wide range of diagnostic options.